After being approved, placing a deposit, and notifying me of your puppy selection, we will copy the following form into a word processing program and fill out all the detailed information for you. Then, we will send the form back to you by email, mail, messenger (whichever you prefer) so you can look it over.
Remember: We can change the contract to meet the needs of those who sign. Please change or add anything.
We will then add or change depending on what we feel we can approve.
When we are both satisfied with the contract as written, you can sign the pages and return it to us (by email, mail, messenger, etc) so that we can sign it as well. We will then send you back a double signed copy for your records.
DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC
Puppy Contract and Warranty
Thank you for your part in preserving this historic adventure in this new breed of dog, the American Dirus™.
CONTRACT, WARRANTY, AND BILL OF SALE
Kennel name: DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC
Name: Jennifer Stoeckl
Address: 5502 Hwy 25 S Fruitland, Washington 99129-7002
The seller agrees to transfer ownership of the American Dirus puppy as described below to the buyer after ________________ upon receipt of payment in full:
Name: Vallecito’s ___________________
The puppy was whelped on: __________________
Litter registration number: _________________
Puppy registration number: _______________
Travel and transport expenses for the puppy are not included in this contract and should be arranged separately by the buyer.
SELLER WARRANTS AND AGREES:
- Seller, Jennifer Stoeckl, is the lawful owner of the dam and has full legal right to sell its offspring.
- The puppy is in sound body and good health at the time of the sale. The puppy will have at least one puppy inoculation for canine distemper, canine adenovirus type 1 (hepatitis), and canine parvovirus before transfer. (see puppy health checklist for exact dates) Buyer is instructed to consult with their veterinarian for advice regarding further inoculation and available options such as canine parainfluenza, leptospirosis, and additional worming (fecal tests). Seller refers all buyer questions regarding inoculations and worming to qualified veterinarians; seller’s recommendations are merely suggestions.
- Seller extends a health warranty until the close of five (5) business days from the time the puppy is in the buyer's care. Buyer is to arrange a health checkup of the puppy by a qualified veterinarian within 5 business days after buyer takes possession. Seller shall be notified immediately in writing (text, email, or written letter) in the event that the dog has a defect or is ill. If the puppy is ill (not poisoned) or defective (not neglected, harmed or mutilated), the buyer is entitled to a replacement pup of equal value of the customer's choice, at once or when available, provided a letter from the examining veterinarian is offered as evidence of the puppy's illness. Buyer then agrees to sign back registration and return the dog to the seller at the buyer’s own expense, if seller so desires. Seller’s warranty is limited to a replacement puppy upon immediate return of the defective puppy, and only under the circumstances described above. Seller does not reimburse for veterinarian expenses. Replacement puppy travel and transport expenses are not included in this contract and should be arranged separately by the buyer.
- DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC’s dogs (herein-after “dog” refers to dogs and bitches) are warranted to be OFA certifiable at TWO YEARS of age. The dog must be x-rayed by thirty (30) months of age, and the x-ray submitted to the OFA for examination and certification. If the OFA finds the dog to have hip dysplasia, the following requirements must be fulfilled in order to obtain a replacement puppy. It is understood that money is NOT refunded and that this warranty is for a replacement puppy only.
a) OFA shall be the sole judge regarding hip dysplasia.
b) DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC is to receive a copy of the OFA report.
c) If the dog has hip dysplasia, the dog will be replaced upon return of the dog’s International American Dirus Registry (IADR) registration paper, which is to be signed over to DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC. Buyer may keep the dog if he/she wishes or give it to someone else, but it must be neutered or spayed and DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC must have written proof of this from the veterinarian who performs the surgery.
d) All freight charges for the replacement dog are to be paid by the buyer of the dog.
- Replacement pups may be chosen from any breeding that DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC has available that is similar in price to what buyer paid for the dog. If buyer should want a puppy from a more expensive litter, buyer must pay the difference.
- DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC’s dogs are warranted to be CERF certifiable. The dog must be examined by a DACVO certified veterinarian by thirty (30) months of age. A certified veterinarian’s written report of any heritable eye disease must be submitted to the seller with written proof from the veterinarian that performs the surgery that the dog has been neutered or spayed, and the dog’s IADR registration papers must be signed over to the seller in order to receive a replacement puppy. All warranties are exactly under the same terms as the warranty for hip dysplasia. Eye warranty does not cover injuries to the eye. Buyer’s remedies are for hip dysplasia and heritable eye disease only. No other diseases or injuries or illnesses.
- The above warranty is non-transferable and applies to the original buyer of the dog only, and no dog will be warranted and replaced unless the seller’s kennel name (prefix) is used in front of the registered name of the dog.
The seller assumes no responsibility for the dog beyond this contract after leaving the premises of DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC.
BUYER: ____________________________________ ________ Date: ___________________
SELLER: ____________________________________________ Date: ___________________
BUYER WARRANTS AND AGREES:
- This dog shall be maintained and kept under the personal control of the buyer, and this dog shall be given adequate housing, food, veterinary care, basic obedience training, and shall in no manner be mistreated or neglected.
- This puppy is sold as pet quality (not show or breeding quality). This dog shall not be used for breeding within Dire Wolf Project, Inc. unless the buyer and the seller agree, in writing, to that, in a separate breeding rights agreement.
- All rights reserved Dire Wolf Project, Inc. The buyer is fully aware of, acknowledges, and agrees to refrain from commercial use of any and all trademarks held by Dire Wolf Project, Inc., DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito, LLC, and Lois Schwarz at any time. (A list of active trademarks will be provided upon request)
- The buyer shall notify the seller if the dog earns any title or certification.
- If circumstances arise that would prevent the buyer from keeping this dog, the buyer promises not to discard this dog and to make every effort to place the dog in another suitable, permanent home. This dog shall not be turned over to any animal shelter or rescue organization. If the buyer is unable to locate a suitable home for the dog, the dog shall be returned to the seller together with its signed-off registration papers---free of charge. All freight charges are to be paid by the owner of the dog.
- This contract is valid from the date of delivery of the puppy and throughout the lifetime of the dog, or until the buyer transfers ownership of the dog to a third party.
BUYER: ___________________________________________ Date: ____________________
SELLER: ___________________________________________ Date: ____________________